I've changed my name since I last registered to vote from overseas. What should I do?

If you have changed your name since you last registered to vote, you will need to update your information by completing a new voter registration form. 

To register to vote and request your ballot, visit our Register to Vote/Absentee Ballot page and follow these simple steps:

  • Choose whether you are an overseas, or military voter.
  • Fill in the necessary information at each step, continuing to the end of the US Vote data entry process.
  • Note that you can request your ballot online so that you receive it faster, but be prepared to print and send it back via postal mail.
  • Download, print, and sign your form.
  • Send your signed form to the local election office address provided in the instructions that come with the form. Check your state's Voting Materials Transmission Options to confirm whether you can scan your form and return it by email.