What if I've changed my name since I last registered to vote?

If you have changed your name since you last registered to vote, you will need to update your information by completing a new voter registration form. 

Visit our Register to Vote/Absentee Ballot page and follow these simple steps:

  1. Choose whether you are a domestic, overseas, or military voter.
  2. Fill in the necessary information at each step.
  3. If your state has an online registration system, you can choose to transfer to that system to submit your form.
  4. If your state does not have an online registration system or you choose to submit via paper form, continue to the end of the US Vote data entry process. Once your form is completed you will need to download, print, sign, and send your form to the Election Office Address provided with your document and instructions.

Note: The form must be submitted by you. Our system does not send any documents on your behalf - only you can submit your own voting documents to your election office.