How often do I need to request an overseas absentee ballot?

U.S. citizens abroad and uniformed services members who are absent from their domicile are required to send in a Voter Registration/Ballot Request form each year that they want to vote.

One single form designed specifically for overseas and military voters will simultaneously register you to vote and request your absentee ballot. This same form is accepted across all states.