How many forms do I need to complete in order to vote from overseas?

You will need to complete one form. The Voter Registration/Ballot Request form on our website works simultaneously for overseas and uniformed services as a voter registration and overseas absentee ballot request. The form will accomplish any of the following:

  1. Voter registration

  2. Ballot request

  3. Change or confirmation of address

  4. Change or declaration of party affiliation

Note: For historical reasons, the US federal voting office continues to refer to the Voter Registration/Ballot Request form as an "FPCA", which stands for Federal Postcard Application. Don't let this confuse you: The form is not a postcard, and you are not applying for a postcard, but the term FPCA persists with many election officials. In summary: the Federal Postcard Application (FPCA) is the same exact form as the Voter Registration/Ballot Request form available on our website.