Do government agencies register voters?

Yes. When you obtain or renew your driver's license you will be asked if you would like to register to vote. If you say yes, you will be provided with the correct forms to register or update your registration online. 

Additionally, if you go to any public government agency, the staff at that agency must offer voter registration services to you. This includes providing you with a form and assisting you with completion of the form, as well as collecting and transmitting the form to the correct election official for processing. 

This includes agencies such as SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), SCHIP (State Children’s Health Insurance Program) and offices that assist those with programs.